Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

The last day of winter

Yes today is the last day of winter oh and it also happens to be my 32nd birthday. No big deal though. You stop paying attention after 21 (or atleast I did). Thanks to everyone that sent me a B Day text today and the few tweets I got also. Now onto business. My first random thought yesterday was about Joell Ortiz. If you don't know about him you should find out. One of the things I love about his style is that he pays homage to the rappers that came before him. He has a few "Tribute" records out where he goes above and beyond traditional tributes. A great example of this is his Pun tribute which if you didn't know that Pun had passed you would have sworn that it was Pun spittin. He has the uncanny ability to either mimic other rappers (with his own lyrics) OR make the beat his own like he did when he covered the Pete Rock CL Smooth Classic T.R.O.Y. In about a week and a half Joell Ortiz covers the classics will be out, my suggestion is to pick it up if you're a fan of true hip hop. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Big Pun Tribute


DJ Premier Tribute

"Too Soon" Biggie Tribute

The Purple Tape Tribute

T.R.O.Y.

Covering the classics (Sampler)


Random Thoughts

That guy on Extreme Home Make over is annoying

Lipton Green tea (with citrus) is heavenly

The Palm Centro is the worst cell phone out right now......

No comments:

Post a Comment